Moving Stories Films is a a curated program of films celebrating the written word. The films have been selected by Festival Founder Judith Keenan. From September to November 2010, Moving Stories Films will present “Paul Quarrington Life in Music” screenings at public events hosted by film and literature festivals across North America. Hosts include Writers at Woody Point, NL; Leacock Summer Festival, Orillia ON; Haliburton Forest Festival; St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival, Winnipeg International Writers Festival; WordFest: Banff-Calgary International Writers Festival; Vancouver International Writers Festival and BookFest Windsor.
For more about the film, visit the Press Kits film page for Paul Quarrington Life in Music on this website, or BookShorts film page.
In previous years, BookShorts has toured the MovingStories Films program including a selection of short films chosen for their creativity and originality. Here’s a brief example – click on the links below for more detailed information.
Sample Program >> 2008 Films & Filmmakers
This Hour Has Seven Decades
When the Telescope Came
A Life’s Passion
Night Work: A Sawchuk Poem
A Letter to Colleen
Food, Sex, and Salmonella
Media Coverage: Items in the press on MovingStories Films
* CBC Radio National – Q - Live on Monday, Oct 20 @ 10am Eastern (Ted Dykstra Hosts Paul Quarrington from Banff)
* CBC Rado Ottawa All In A Day Drive Time radio show; live with Paul Quarrington Oct 22
* CBC Weekend Arts Magazine (Radio NL) (10.12.2008) Live With Irene Duma in St. Johns; Live with Rachel Peters Sunday, Oct 12
* The Current (St. John’s): Expanded Listing (10.10.2008)
* CBC The Scene – National Television – September 2008